The White Box
More of a white fan than red? Not a problem. Here we have a box of four delicious organic and natural white wines: an intriguing white from Tillingham, an exciting Weissburgunder, a fresh Gruner Veltliner and a Portuguese Loureiro. You'll find more about each of the wines below but if you want more info please get in touch with us using the customer service details shown, or check out Lucy's Wine on Instagram!
A still white from natural winemaker Tillingham, produced by Ben Walker. Pale green-gold in colour with green apple and citrus notes of lime and pineapple. This is a fresh and fun wine, but Lucy recommends opening it and letting it breathe in the fridge for an hour before drinking, as it has a strong scent on opening.
- Produced in Rye, UK
- Key features: Vegan / Unfiltered
- Grapes: Muller Thurgau blend. Muller Thurgau 55% / Bacchus 21% / Sauvignon Blanc 8% / Madeleine Angevine 8% / Chardonnay 6% / Auxerrois 2%
- Enjoy with: mildly spicy food, cheese boards, pork or poultry
100% Pinot Blanc (Weissburgunder) produced by Judith Beck in Austria. Judith took over the wine estate from her father several years ago to move it in a natural direction, and the vineyard has been farming biodynamically since 2007. The results are wonderful wines like this. This is a clean, lively and fruity white wine, just off-dry so it's perfect if you don’t want a super dry wine - acidic but not biting.
- Produced in Burgenland, Austria
- Key features: Vegan / Organic
- Grapes: Pinot Blanc 100%
- Enjoy with: anything as it's very versatile! Specific suggestions are light curries, salmon or tuna dishes
From the M & A Arndorfer estate in Austria, produced by Martin and Anna Arndorfer. If you’re a Sauvignon Blanc fan, a Gruner Veltliner is a great alternative. This is a beautiful Gruner Veltliner full of apple and fresh herbal notes - it's dry and deliciously easy to drink.
- Produced in Straß im Straßertale, Austria
- Key features: Sustainable / Vegan / Low sulphites
- Grapes: 100% Grüner Veltliner Enjoy with: vegetables, pasta dishes, lean fish or pork
This is a great white wine from the Aphros wine estate in Portugal if you want something a bit different. Rich and tangy with vibrant acidity, bundles of citrus notes and baked apple. It has a slightly rustic charm - one of the joys of a natural wine made with nature in mind. One sip and you’ll be on a sun-drenched terrace in Portugal.
- Produced in Vinho Verde, Portugal
- Key features: Certified organic / Biodynamic / Vegan
- Grapes: Loureiro 100%
- Enjoy with: fish (cod or sushi work beautifully), shellfish, salads and fruits