The Tastes of Burgundy Box
Our taste of burgundy box has three wonderful wines all from the burgundy but each giving a unique insight into this diverse region. Lucy's Wine worked closely with specialist burgundy wine importer Emile wines to create a box that showed off the best of the region. These are all perfect for a long lunch in the sun, overdue dinner parties or as a gift. You'll find more about each of the wines below but if you want more info please get in touch with us using the customer service details shown, or check out Lucy's Wine on Instagram!
Produced at Domaine Henri Naudin-Ferrand by wine-maker Claire Naudin. This Burgundy Aligote is a wonderful example of the power of the region and Claire's winemaking. With notes of fresh citrus, herbs and toasted marshmallow. This is a great wine to have as an aperitif and one you don't want to stop drinking.
- Produced in: Hautes-Côtes, Burgundy
- Key features: Low sulphur, Sustainably farmed.
- Grapes: Aligoté
- Try with: As an aperitif, with fish, mushroom dishes, garlic heavy dishes.
Produced by wine-maker Goisot, this wine is organic and biodynamic and he is known for his meticulous approach to wine-making and the growing of the grapes. This wine is hand-harvested, low in sulphur and tastes beautiful. A wonderfully rich wine with notes of honey, vanilla and brioche. This is one of these wines that is perfectly drinkable, each sip will leave you curious for another.
- Produced in: Auxerrois, Burgundy
- Key features: Organic and Biodynamic certified
- Grapes: Chardonnay
- Try with: On its own, seafood, veggie mushroom dishes
Produced at Domaine Nicholas Maillet, organic and practising biodynamic - Nicholas also applies "low intervention" practices to his winemaking. The vineyard produces some wonderful unique burgundy wines. This wine is fresh, salty with notes of apricot.
- Produced in: Verzé, Mâconnais, Burgundy
- Key features: Certified organic, practising biodynamic.
- Grapes: Chardonnay
- Try with: pasta dishes, vegetarian mains