The Big Red Box
One for the red wine lovers, 6 different reds, all-natural, organic or sustainably grown. Some classics and some unusual grape varieties, but all beautiful red wines.
You'll find more about each of the wines below but if you want further information please get in touch with us using the customer service details shown, or check out Lucy's Wine on Instagram!
Made by Winemakers Stephanie & Olivier Ramé - husband and wife team, and the third generation of their family to run the Maison Ventenac. The vineyards are in Cabardès, the only Languedoc appellation that allows both Atlantic and Mediterranean grape varieties - meaning they offer some unique wines. This is a juicy wine- think dark red fruit and a smidge of spice, and a beautiful ruby red in colour.
- Produced in: Carbardes, Languedoc, France
- Key features: Vegan/ Practising organic & in conversion
- Grapes: 100% Grenache
- Try with: Red meat / Tomato-based pasta dishes / Aubergine parmigiana
Produced by winemaker Oliver Cazenave. Echappée means escape - a getaway or break, a moment of peace. Echappée is the multi-vintage house blend of biodynamic vineyard Château de Bel. Fruity and bold with notes of fresh cherries and raspberries. This is beautifully drinkable perfect for a long lazy Sunday afternoon with friends.
- Produced in: Bordeaux, France
- Key features: Vegan / Certified Biodynamic
- Grapes: 100% Merlot
- Try with: Steak / Macaroni Cheese / Crispy duck pancakes
Created by winemaker Jacques De Klerk from a single vineyard of pinotage planted in 1999. A beautiful crimson in colour, fresh raspberries on the nose and some herby notes. Notes of cherry pomegranate and spice, medium-bodied and a long finish. Take a sip and transport yourself to the vineyards of South Africa.
- Produced in: Voor-Paardeberg, South Africa.
- Key features: Vegan / Sustainably farmed
- Grapes: 100% Pinotage
- Try with: BBQ'd food - Kebabs / Charred vegetables
From a small family cellar, Lanave is a creation of Byran Macrobert. This wine is a blend of the three sub-regions Rioja Alta, Rioja Alavesa and Rioja Oriental. The grapes are de-stemmed and fermented naturally and natural yeasts are used along with low extraction to allow for soft gentle tannin and good fruit. This wine is full of fresh juicy red fruit and is elegant and smooth.
- Produced in: Rioja, Spain.
- Key features: Vegan / Natural production methods
- Grapes: 85% Grenache, 10% Tempranillo, 5% Mezuelo
- Try with: Pasta / Paella / Grilled Chicken
Made by wine maker Kewin (Keke) Descombes. From 50-year-old vines grown in Beaujolais France. This wine has a creamy - red fruit aroma. In the mouth, this has soft red fruits with a little funky note of apple & cinnamon spice. Something a little bit different, but this is a Gamay not to miss out on.
- Produced in: Beaujolais, France.
- Key features: Vegan / Farmed Organically
- Grapes: 100% Gamay
- Try with: Pasta / Pork / Tacos
Made by winemaker Juanfa Suarez in the Uco Valley, in the Mendoza region. Made with the Criolla Chica and Criolla grande grape, the most commonly planted grape variety in Argentina after Malbec, but it is rarely exported outside of Argentina. Juanfa produces only 2000 bottles of this wine - and it is a real treat. Lightly coloured, juicy and a thirst-quenching red wine, notes of raspberry, cherry and a slight earthy kick. It has enough going on to keep you interested but light enough to drink on a hot day!
- Produced in: Mendoza, Argentina.
- Key features: Sustainble farming / Natural Production / Unfiltered
- Grapes: Criolla Chica, 50% Criolla Grande
- Try with: Poached fish with salsa verde / On its own/ Vegetarian dishes.